I have always loved lemon bars so this was a fun recipe to work on!! I've made them with blond coconut palm sugar powdered in my blender and I've included several other sugar free options for you. If you use Almond flour it needs to be very fine, do not use almond meal. I usually use my favorite Gluten Free Flour blend. I hope you enjoy them!! Let me know if there is a recipe you would like me to work on for you! hugs
Skinny Gluten Free Low Glycemic Lemon Bars
The Crust- can be doubled
- 1/2 cup powdered blond coconut palm sugar, Erythritol or Stevia
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 2 cups GF All purpose flour or almond flour
The Filling- can be doubled if you like a thicker filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups powdered blond coconut palm sugar-best/ or you could try Erythritol or Stevia ) (note- darker palm sugars will give you darker results)
- Grated lemon zest of one whole lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice- you will need 3-4 lemons
- 4 tablespoons Almond flour-very finely ground or gluten free tapioca or white rice flour ( I used tapioca)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray the bottom of an 9 x11 or 10 inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In your food processor or with a pastry cutter, mix sugar, flour and and butter until the mixture is crumbly. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake about 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs on medium speed until foamy. Add the sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Pour the mixture over the baked crust and return to the oven until “set” about 25 minutes
- Cool completely on a wire rack, then cut into 12 squares. Dust with confections sugar
this post is linked to Amy Green's wonderful Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
/Simply Sugar and Gluten Free
Gluten Free Wednesdays!